This will make approximately 24 lime “wedge” jello shots…feel free to double the recipe. ;)
- 6-8 limes
- 3 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package Knox unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons)
- 3 ounces good quality tequila (I'm partial to Don Julio Blanco or Milagro)
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or Cointreau (or Triple Sec)
- sea salt and/or large crystal sugar, for garnish
May 3, 2012
Halve and gently squeeze the juice out of the limes.
To keep limes secure, place them in a mini muffin pan. Combine lime juice, an ounce of water and sugar to small saucepan. Sprinkle with gelatin and allow it to soak in a minute or two. Warm over medium heat, stirring until sugar and gelatin dissolve. Stir in tequila and Grand Marnier or Triple Sec and pour into lime halves. (I recommend using something with a spout like a measuring cup).Allow to refrigerate at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Once jello has set up, cut into wedges.
Serve with a small bowl of sea salt or large crystal sugar for dipping. (Or a combination of the two!) I found the salt to be a little too intense with the jello, but try both out and see which one suits you best. Aaariba! Now all you need is a Mariachi band & a Pinata.